Past Summer School
URBAN DESIGN SUMMER SCHOOL 2016
15-16-17 of SEPTEMBER 2016
The very first Place Alliance Urban Design Summer School was held on 15/16/17 of September 2016 at University College London, and attracted 43 delegates.
The intensive three-day course provided a grounding in ideas about the nature, role and contemporary relevance of urban design and aimed at breaking down the barriers between built environment professions.
Each day focused on a different stage of the design process, from analysis to design concept, to coding and design review.
The programme was structured into a series of masterclasses over the three days, along with other activities such as workshops, site visits and networking.
The “Place Alliance Summer School Diary 2016” provides a summary of the Summer School daily activities in which we hope to have captured the spirit of the event and the energy and creativity of those three days. You can download a copy here.
- Place Alliance Summer School 2016 – Programme
- Place Alliance Summer School 2016 -Masterclasses:
Day 2: “Vision for Place”, Farrells
Day 3: “Place-making through Form-based Code”, studio I REAL
- Place Alliance Summer School 2016 – Tips & Tricks Presentations:
Day 1: “Urban Photography”
Day 2: “Urban Drawings”
Day 3: “Presenting urban projects”
- Place Alliance Summer School 2016 – Woolwich Central Presentation
- Place Alliance Summer School 2016 – Design Project Brief