Place Alliance Summer School 2017
URBAN DESIGN SUMMER SCHOOL 2017
14-15-16 of SEPTEMBER
Place Alliance Urban Design Summer School took place from Thursday 14 till Saturday 16 of September 2017 in the newly refurbished Bartlett School of Architecture at 22 Gordon Street.
The intensive three-day course provided a grounding in ideas about the nature, role and contemporary relevance of urban design and aimed at breaking down the barriers between built environment professions.
Each day focused on a different stage of the design process, from analysis to design concept, to coding and design review.
The programme was structured into a series of masterclasses over the three days, along with other activities such as workshops, site visits and networking.
- Place Alliance – Summer School 2017 – Final Programme
- Place Alliance – Summer School 2017 – Contributors Bio
- Place Alliance Summer School 2016 – Masterclasses and other presentations:
“Place Quality Aspirations“, Matthew Carmona, UCL
“Design Review“, Matthew Carmona, UCL
- Place Alliance Summer School 2017 – Tips & Tricks Presentations:
Day 2: “Drawings Presentation”, Andrew Kavanagh – hta Design
Day 3: “Presenting urban projects”, Scott Adams – hta Design
- Place Alliance Summer School 2017 – Site Visits