Place Alliance is a new movement for place quality which emerged following the Farrell Review of architecture and the built environment. It is founded on the idea that through collaboration and better communication we can establish a culture whereby the quality of our places becomes a national priority. It brings together existing organisations and individuals who share a belief that the quality of our built environment has a profound influence on people’s lives and that place quality has a value – cultural, economic, environmental, social – that needs to be recognized by everyone.
As a voluntary association we operate in a network sustained by a:
- CORE SUPPORTERS GROUP as the guiding forum for Place Alliance
- MANAGEMENT TEAM (Place Alliance hosted at UCL)
- NATIONAL NETWORK of Universities and Regional Groups
- WORKING GROUPS – set up to harness energy and interest around particular topics
- BIG MEETS – our bi-annual National Conferences